Hi

This issue has been reported intermittently in the past. I know Sean
has been trying to reproduce the issue but hasn't had enough data to
work on.

So here's what happened to me yesterday morning.

I was planning to replace 2 light switches with dimmers. Since I didn't
know what fuse to throw to cut power to the light circuit, I knew I'd
have to try a few.

I shutdown my PC/Slimserver to avoid data loss.

I then started throwing fuses. When I got to the fuse for the
downstairs sockets, I put the fuse down/up in about the space of 1
second. I then heard this almighty racket from the front room. It
sounded like a kango hammer. A low bass thump.
I realised it was from the SB3, and it being 8:00am on a Sunday morning
with my wife asleep upstairs, I quickly pulled the toslink cable from
the back of the unit.

I then cycled the power and everything went back to normal.
My unit in the kitchen was fine. I can only assume that the power surge
when I threw the fuse caused some sort of glitch.

The SB was behaving normally except for the noise it was emitting. It
was in the process of looking for the server (which was still off) like
it would normally do after a power cycle.

I could probably do this a hundred times with no issue.

BTW  I'm on 240V in Europe. The SB is on the same main outlet as my DVD
player, surround reciever and plasma TV.

--
oreillymj