The version 3 Squeezebox has now been out there for over a year. Granted
they released a Transporter, it's hardly in the same league.  Although
this device seems to stand alone in user satisfaction, it would be nice
to see one which supported multi-channel digital out via HDMI and
perhaps the higher resolution audio formats (96/192 kHz).

Several new devices seem to be coming out at the same time. Apple TV,
Netgear EVA8000, D-Link DSM-750. I may not be naming the best as I'm
just researching these devices as well as MythTV. That said, recording
audio is my first priority and I like the included screen vs most other
devices which require a video screen. I just thought it may be due for
some technical updates and like most technophiles, don't want to be the
last guy buying the old version (at least not for a while ;)

--
ben2e