I had thought all was well, installed 6.5.1 without any issues, had
logged in via IE7 to the browser interface, set up my libray (I've just
switched to WMP11/WMC from iTunes) and after updating the SB firmware,
music had been playing via SB OK.

Since then it's all gone a bit pear shaped.

I noticed that the SB screen was blank and when I gave it a poke it
wouldn't connect to Slimserver.  Sure enough SS was stopped and when I
tried starting it manually it just said 'Slimserver starting' for
ages.

Set the option to run at start-up and also the 'run as administrator'
and re-booted.  My SB is now connected to slimserver and will play
music so SS is obviously running but the
tray icon has vanished and when I open the browser window from the
Desktop shortcut the window is blank, no SS interface....

Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling a couple of times to no
effect.

1) Vista Premium Home 32-bit
2) 6.5.1
3) None during installation (apart from the prompt to enter the admin
password)
4) None apart from Windows Firewall and I'am using AVG anti-virus

--
hifisteve