I'm running SlimServer 6.5.1 on a QNAP TS-101 NAS drive. There's only a
small music library at present, but still performance is sluggish - it
streams music OK it's just slow to respond to instructions (from the
remote, the web interface and via CLI commands).

Could I expect more responsiveness if I run SlimServer on the PC where
I'm running the web interface from (and issuing CLI commands from)? The
actual music files will still be on the NAS drive of course (I have no
room for them on my PC!).

Or will this in fact be worse? I can try it of course, I just thought
someone might save me some time.

--
jezbo