> It would also be rather hard for slimserver to guess which of the
> players I would want to control when I'm behind my (wireless and
> thus mobile) laptop.

I'm not talking about using a laptop as an overpowered remote for a
Squeezebox
within listening range; I'm interested in playing some tracks from
another house,
where there's no Squeezebox.

> You can create bookmarks that lead you straight to the right player,

> like this:
>
> http://server.domain.nl:9000/index.html?player=00:04:20:06:6b:cc

That's kind of the opposite of what I want.  Perhaps this is beyond the
ability
of Slimserver, but maybe it could (optionally) exclude physical players
when the
web address requesting the page is not on the local network.

--
dbls