JJZolx;182822 Wrote:

> As for the Transporter - who knows.  The Logitech branding alone could
> kill the product (damned snobs).  Even more so than the $300
> Squeezebox, there's no place for a $2000 music player in the common
> retail outlets like Best Buy and Circuit City.  Cut that price to $1000
> and it wouldn't make much difference.  I don't see it making much
> headway into audio shops, so the only viable means of distribution will
> likely continue to be direct sales.

Weird how brand names affect things... the Logitech brand would
certainly do better in a BestBuy, but not for expensive stuff...

On the other hand, if they label it right, "Logitech SlimDevices" or
something, they may do okay in high end audio shops: many of them do
sell Harmony remotes which are getting more and more Logitech logos and
less Harmony every packaging change...  so there is somewhat of a
foothold for them there.

Hard to say: people are so fickle with toys sometimes....

--
snarlydwarf