To the OP, I say, "Hear, hear!"  The web UI is not what it should be,
and I trust Slim Devices or Streaming Media or whomever is making
improvements.  My situation is a little different than most.  My SB3 is
in the den with my stereo, where I do my serious listening, but it also
feeds my whole-house audio system, so I do most of my listening away
from the SB3 and thus use the web UI a great deal.  It leaves a lot to
be desired.  SlimFX and Moose are on the right track in separating the
control functions from the setup functions.  I'd love a Sonos or Bose
style remote that I could take anywhere in the house and have control
over my system.  Logitich, I hope, is working on that.  The SB3 is a
great little device, but there is definitely room for improvement in
the UI.

--
Kyle