kdf;182429 Wrote:
> You can use a tool called Foober2000, which can add replaygain tags to
> your music.  replaygain tags track the difference of each track from a
>
> normalised volume, and also a second value against the normalised album
>
> volume level.
>
> http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?RGFoobar
> http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?ToolsNormalization
>
> -kdf

How does foobar determine the normalized album level?  Does it consider
the selection of files you operate on as one album, or does it look at
tags to determine which files belong together?  It seems to me that if
it's the former, then you have to manually operate on all your albums,
but if it's the later you can select (nearly) your whole library at one
go.  (OK, it occurs to me that I could probably test this out on a small
set of files, but I don't have acces to my music files right now.)

I guess what I really want to know is can I reasonably easily have
foobar apply replay gain to my whole library in a semi-automated way?

-Steve

--
wnshall