JJZolx;184317 Wrote:
> A simple test would be:  Run a SlimServer scan on a Windows machine
> accessing files on the NAS.  Then run it on Linux system accessing the
> same files across the network on the NAS.  If the scan on Linux system
> runs considerably faster, then there's something wrong other than just
> the limited throughput of the NAS itself.
>
> The OP claimed (maybe in the other thread) that this was exactly the
> case.  I haven't had the opportunity to test it, but I have seen how
> slow a scan is going from my Windows server to a library stored on an
> Infrant NAS.

Plus, 100mps ethernet itself is going to limit data transfers to
6-10MB/s, far slower than your EIDE or SATA bus.

I think it takes nearly an hour to scan my ~6000 tracks.

--
jonheal

Jon Heal says:
Have a nice day!
http://www.theheals.org/
~~~
SB3 (wired - 6.3.1) | Home-brew PC running XP Pro | DENON DRA-395 | PSB
Stratus Bronze (2) | Outlaw Audio LFM-2 (1) | DIY Speaker Cables |
Dayton Audio Interconnects