Mark Lanctot;184049 Wrote:
> Check the wireless utility that came with the computer's wireless card.
> (BTW it's usually better to use this than Windows "Wireless Zero
> Configuration", although WZC improved considerably in SP2).
>
> There should be a setting for "roaming aggressiveness".  Set it as low
> as possible.
>
> There may be other settings you can change, but this is the only one I
> see on my wireless laptop, using an Intel 2200BG wireless card
> (internal, built-in as part of the "Centrino" platform).
>
> Setting a static IP will not help.  The wireless utility isn't aware
> what IP has been set and will go out looking for another wireless AP
> regardless of the IP address the PC is using.

Mark

Thank you for the thoughtful response. I am using the Linksys Network
Monitor v1.0 utility that came with my card to manage my wireless
connection. Unfortunately, I do not see any advanced settings to
control how agressively my PC will roam for new internet connections?

The drag of it is that even though I'm using a newer MIMO router and
wireless NIC in my PC the signal strength for my own netowrk is weaker
than several neighboring ones in my Condo building. I can probably
chalk that up to them sitting right beneath my home office where my PC
is setup.

I'm going to probably breakdown and get a NAS of some type to put out
connected directly to my SB3. <sigh>

--
Spidey9534