In Windows ini files are no longer in fashion - the registry (ugh) is
the preferred MS option.  Whatever mechanism is used, it would be
Slimdevices who would have to support it as INI files make installation
and upgrades a pain (e.g. do you have one INI file per user or one
system one, what happens to INI files during upgrade) . Also INI files
require user to use editors which just adds to complexity. My feeling
is command line options are better.

* I think service name is hardcoded into Slimserver so this is not just
a SlimTray issue.

* Current Slimserver just runs a shortcut to start IE.  Give an working
example of a shortcut that you can use from the desktop that does what
you want.  The recent change I made rewrites the shortcut using a
template adding in prefs port no. where needed - allowing user supplied
template should be straightforward if the your shortcut can bemade into
a template.

* Don't understand what you mean by "Restart" - explain in more
detail.

* remote control should be straightforward as current code uses blank
for host name - realtime management of status would not be so for
remote system I think a "Status" menu options would be best.  Slimtray
could get overloaded with functionality and confuse users especially as
remote control of Windows slimservers would be a minority sport - how
about a separate RemoteSlimTray which is just for controlling remote
Slimservers.

One of the hardest things is to get User interface right - when the UI
is elegant and intuitive, functionality is obvious.  I am not good at
UI - so when suggesting functionality , suggest the UI as well.

--
bpa