ArgoNavis;184519 Wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It strikes me that there are a handful of possibilities:
> >   >
  -  The SB3 output may have failed,
  -  The amplifier input may have failed,
  -  The optical cable may have failed,
  -  The cable may have become unplugged.

> Does anyone have any suggestions as to the relative likelihood of
> these various possibilities?  For example, is a toslink output
> circuit prone to failure in the SB3?  Given that the cable is in an
> undisturbed location, are they known to spontaneously fail?  Or, is
> there a chance that the toslink connectors work themselves loose with
> time?h
>
> AN.

Optical output is a visible (red) LED.  it's possible to have it burn
out.  It's also possible, but less likely that the photodiode in the
amp to have failed.

It is much more likely that the cable is loose.

If you see a red light out the back of the squeezebox, it's probably
working.. if you can see the red light with the cable attached, it's
probably working.  If you can try a different input port on the
amplifier, that would help.

If you see no light, or it's very dim, call Slimdevices, they'll ship
you a new one.  I would do this soon, so you can get it replaced for
free under warranty! :-)

--
SuperQ