I'm using Itunes to organize my music library on a PC running XP Media
Center Edition.  I'm using a Squeezebox 3 (SB3) to play my the music in
my library on my stereo.

I recently tried to play a song but couldn't find the artist when I
searched for it using the SB3 remote.  I then checked Slim Server (SS)
to see if I could find the artist that way.  The song I was searching
for was Smile by Lily Allen.  So in SS, I searched for Artists starting
with the letter L. I did not see Lily Allen.  I then tried the Advanced
Search and entered 'Lily Allen' in the 'Artist' field.  The search
returned 1 result:

Smile from Unknown Album by Lily Allen

After finding the song this way, I was able to play the song thru the
SB3.

When I clicked on 'Lily Allen', I saw the following:

Home/Artist/Lily Allen

0 albums with 0 songs by 0 artists

I have discovered that there are many other songs that I cannot find
unless I use the Advanced Search method described above.

I just want to be able to play my songs while sitting comfortably in my
living room without having to run up to my computer running SS to do the

Does anyone have any suggestions of things to check to fix this
problem?

--
buckleup