results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=33301
Question: Windows vs Linux - your OS of choice for SS

- Windows
- Linux

cliveb;185624 Wrote:
> I've never understood why so many people seem to have problems getting
> it running reliably on Windows.

Me too.  It's stable for me and rescans are snappy, taking about 4
minutes for nearly 4000 tracks.

That said, I was experimenting with Ubuntu Linux back when SlimServer
6.5.0 was new and a lot of forum users were having problems with it.
Because I was just playing around, I installed SlimServer on Ubuntu and
it worked right away.  I'm sure I could be happy with either OS - and I
am NEVER installing Vista on anything I own, ever.

Still, from looking at the poll results, you would think that 85% of
SlimServer users run Linux.  That can't be truly representative...there
are probably a higher proportion of Linux users here but reality would
be closer to the other way around (optimistically!)

--
Mark Lanctot

"It's like, you know, a New Age religion, but with better treble
response." - Jon Heal