alextegg;186382 Wrote:
> I have found that 320k bit rate with VBR gives insignificant difference
> to Lossless formats, but with a significant space saving.  Now that
> discs are so much cheaper if I were starting again I would probably go
> lossless to future proof myself, but not because I could really tell
> the diff.

Just a side note - there's no such thing as 320kb VBR.  If you're at
320, that is the highest bitrate supported by mp3.  Since each sample
is at 320kb, it's technically CBR.

I agree that 320kb mp3 is very difficult to distinguish from the
original WAV, and is a nice compromise as far as saving drive space and
using with portable players.  You aren't missing much, if anything, by
using 320kb mp3.

--
Pale Blue Ego