I am using 6.5.1.

The location of the file will depend on your installation but generally
in the Cache directory.

The generation of the log file will depend on the mysql my.cnf file
In 6.50 the following was NOT in the my.cnf - if you add it you will
get logs.

log-error             = C:/Program
Files/SlimServer/server/Cache/mysql-error-log.txt

like this snippet

Code:
--------------------

  skip-grant-tables

  basedir               = C:/Program Files/SlimServer/server/MySQL
  datadir               = C:/Program Files/SlimServer/server/Cache/MySQL
  language              = C:/Program Files/SlimServer/server/MySQL
  port                  = 9092
  socket                = C:/Program
Files/SlimServer/server/Cache/slimserver-mysql.sock
  pid-file              = C:/Program
Files/SlimServer/server/Cache/slimserver-mysql.pid
  log-error             = C:/Program
Files/SlimServer/server/Cache/mysql-error-log.txt
  innodb_fast_shutdown  = 1
  max_connections       = 4

--
bpa