In my case the SlimServerMySQL service was also stopped, but I was able
to set it and the SlimServer service to Automatic and that was all I
needed. My SS and SB2 work perfectly in Vista.

--
vdorta

Silent computer, Windows Vista Ultimate, dBpowerAMP Reference/FLAC,
Slimserver 6.5.2, Inguz Room Correction, wireless SB2 (Bolder digital &
analog mods, Sonicap Platinum bypass caps, Bolder Deluxe Power Supply),
Stello M200 monos, ACI Sapphire XLs + REL Storm III | Chaintech AV-710,
JMT PPA headamp, AKG K601, Etymotics ER-4S