azinck3;189460 Wrote:
> That's mostly true, but I assumed that with MrSinatra's emphasis on
> "simple" that he wouldn't want to force people to install a new piece
> of software or learn how to use softsqueeze (after all, if Slimserver's
> too complex for these users then who's to say softsqueeze isn't too
> complex).
SS Web UI has way too many menus and esoteric settings for a non-user,
but I would think anybody who can open a browser can get softsqueeze
working easily.
azinck3;189460 Wrote:
> Also, there are many player settings (including bitrate limiting) that
> cannot be modified via the squeezebox/softsqueeze and must be changed
> via the web interface.
That's the point - all the nit-picky stuff can be set by whoever is
'controlling' the server!

--
nicketynick

Wireless SB3, Denon DRA-F101, Mission M31 loudspeakers
WinXP SP2 Slimserver, SMC WBR14g router
http://www.last.fm/user/nicketynick/