Hi Bill,

maybe this doesn't catch the point for you, but just as an alternative
train of thought:

You don't necessarily have to use artwork by putting an album.jpg or
whatever into each album's folder. You can also use one common folder
where all the artwork files are stored together using a naming scheme
that identifies them uniquely. With this you don't get into any hassle
when concurrent Album/Artist information is stored in the same album
folder.

The necessary information for this is anyway already there as you read
the Album/Artist tags. Of course, I admit there might be other
drawbacks with this method, at least for me (as I wrote: ~1000 albums
and very few "various artists" ones) this works pretty well...

Cheers,
Sebastian

--
srasher