This is essentially what I have, though using a ZON system. There are
only two of us living in the house, so complications on who is
listening to which SB are minimal -- It is really only when we are
working in our offices that we listen to different music and tend to
use the original Squeezebox while my wife uses the new one. I am
thinking of getting a 3rd Squeezebox which would be dedicated to
SqueezeNetwork. But I will probably wait for version 7 and see if
switching between SlimServer and SqueezeNetwork is more graceful.

We exclusively use browsers to control the Squeezeboxes (Pocket PCs and
desktops). I just received a Pepper Pad and that will become the main
controller for the family area as soon as I program all the IR buttons.
I've considered trying to send information from the  SqueezeBox to the
ZON display, but it would be too small to see from the sofa, so it
never seemed like it was worth the trouble.

--
stevek1006

-Steve
Steven Kramer