bklaas;190298 Wrote:
> Couple of notes on what you said, Hamlet.
>
> The PepperPad3 is linux-based, so Moose is a no-go there. The
> slimserver web UI with the Nokia770 skin would likely work well. Also
> give SlimFX, the flash-based skin a shot (you'll need to search the
> forums to find links for that).
>
> Second, the Nokia N800 can go online by connecting to a cell phone via
> bluetooth, so there is no need for the USB port you mentioned.
>
> Also, search the forum for Tyler Durden's solution of using a Fujitsu
> Stylistic tablet as a touchscreen UI. Pretty cool stuff, and seems to
> fit exactly what you're hoping for.
>
> cheers,
> #!/ben

Thanks for the helpful comments. I see you have been around these
forums on this same subject looking for similar solutions.

What do you think of this one - For about $300 you get a refurb
airpanel portable monitor
http://cgi.ebay.com/ViewSonic-airpanel-V110p-Portable-10-Monitor-REF_W0QQitemZ300093350545QQcategoryZ74934QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
which you would use to remote connect to desktop of an older pc that
you are using (or will use) as a server. You could run any windows
client you want on the pc but effectively be controlling from the
airpanel. Since it's just an airpanel there is no noise issue.

--
Hamlet