i'm also interested in a tablet or other handheld device as a 'remote'
but there is one thing i dont understand:

i would NOT want it to actually run Slimserver.  My slimserver is in
the closet on a ReadyNAS+.  The only PC software I have ever used to
start-stop music is the .html browser-based application Slimserver.
What software would i run on my 'tablet' that would 'connect' to
Slimserver and tell it what to do?  how does this handshake actually
work?  is this documented somewhere (not developer section, I'm not an
engineer).

Thanks!

--
jsunandmax