aubuti;192609 Wrote:
> What is a "Netstorage device" that isn't a NAS?
>
> Note that only the Sonos ZP100 has a built-in amplifier. I expect that
> most people who have CDs already have an amplifier or receiver. When I
> made my decision the ZP80 wasn't available yet, and I didn't see the
> point of buying another amp (or the point of paying 2x the price of a
> SB). But if you don't have an amp, or want a new amp, then the ZP100
> might make sense for you, although there's still the price issue.

Aubuti, let me explain my setup it might throw some light on what I am
trying to do. I have a wireless router, I connect my computer and the
external storage device (NASS) to it, both wired. I wanted to run the
slimserver on the NAS thereby eliminating the need to have my computer
on 24/7 (only when required) but still accessible by the Squeezebox,
get my drift.

Look at my recent post below and you will see why I am going to forget
the slimdevices products completly and go for something which will give
me less headache.

--
donglobal