About the loss of functionality in the Harmony 880 remote: if you check
here, you will see there is a plan to reintroduce the functionality

http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/board/message?board.id=remote_software&message.id=1048&view=by_date_ascending&page=5

I think Slimdevices customers (including myself) are used to having a
very direct contact with the owners/developers of the company-this
makes us feel "part of the family".

Judging by some of the Logitech forums such "intimacy" is not really
there (I guess that might have to do with the size of their customer
base and the product offering) and is mostly mediated by moderators,
who, however polite, are in fact extremely irritating "Dear so and so,
we are grateful for your suggestions and will pass them on to the
competent people...." Brrr shivers down my spine).

As long as the Slimdevices community will be allowed to continue
developing its plugins/NAS implementations/techiegeeky discussions
without a politically correct Big brother telling us what to say, how
to say it etc etc etc, then all will be fine (the hardware must of
course be of the quality we expect!). Failing that, I fear it will be
mass migration...

Just a couple of thoughts,

Giacomo

--