Came up with a completly different solution to iTunes problems....don't
use it!

Instead I am using Media Player 11 which seems to get artwork & info
much easier, and I found a program called MGTEK dopisp which allows you
to sync iPod with media player including all playlists etc.

Sharing the library from NAS server works fine both with Media Player &
Squeeze box so keeping things all Windows seems the way to go. The only
reason intially that I wanted to use iTunes was for syncing with my
iPod & Shuffle and now there is a solution which will even allow me to
sync with my Pocket PC phone so its a bonus!

--
Moko