Skunk;195006 Wrote:
> Had to google taxonomies, but I'm guessing they are the links to related
> content at the bottom of an article? If so, I never liked those too much
> :-)
>
> Yeah the first thing I did with joomla (which I didn't necessarily mean
> to endorse) was get the barebones template. The pages did load more
> transparently than they do here, after all the bloat was eliminated
> anyway.
>
> Are the secure pages pretty easy to integrate in? I assume so since a
> lot of the CMS's have shopping carts. I was also curious if the forums
> would have to be left out of the CMS? If so a simple widget that allows
> you to add news to the current site, along with another widget to change
> for sale items, would seem like a more logical baby-step. Since these
> are seldom needed multiple log ins shouldn't really be a problem. Note
> that this is all more of a question than expert testimony :-)

Taxonomies offer a very powerful information (content) management
solution, the tags you see are just an external manifestation of part
of it - the power lies in the ease with which you can manipulate the
backend data. Dynamic menu structures can be generated this way too.

Forums, shopping carts, secure areas etc can all be integrated since it
is very simple to provide levels of security through roles.

--
chuckiebear

--
SlimServer Version: 6.5.2 Debian Testing