slimkid;196805 Wrote:
> Without getting into all the features, just checking on thier price
> list:
>
> Olive MUSICA 160 GB - $1099
> Olive MUSICA 250 GB - $1499
>
> The most expensice 90 GB I have ever seen (in the last 5 years).

Geez, for those prices you can make a wicked fast server with 500 GB of
storage.  It will be able to do other tasks as well, plus it's far more
flexible.

There are lots of people running down the Slim architecture lately, but
IMHO it's their greatest strength.  Take advantage of relatively cheap
mass-market computer hardware!  Computer hardware will always be
cheaper than specialized "audiophile" hardware, and with
SlimServer/Squeezebox the audio playback hardware is in the player
where it belongs.

The Olive Musica is apparently a low-power, inflexible PC running Linux
with local storage.  I guess a lot of people like this?  That's not a
more advanced product, just a less flexible and substantially more
expensive one.

Also the Olive Musica is nothing new - it's been out for ~3 years.

--
Mark Lanctot