I've mentioned it several times before: Slim are great at the slim
client, but they need to sell the server option too.

How about a fully-configured NAS machine with a CD-ROM drive and a
Mac/Windows installer that sorts everything out for you (anyone with
Linux would probably be happy to do it themselves!) - detects the NAS,
configures its SlimServer for your network etc.

Also, some way to configure the SB3 for your wireless network (once you
have got the above installation sorted) by plugging it in wired and
sending the info would be nice - rather than having to enter a
megadigit key!  (Not sure if this is possible though)

I think the form factor/quality/price balance of the SB3 is great, but
it does need a geek.  Not a problem for me, but it does limit SD's
ability to take over the world.  They don't need to create an SB4 yet,
or even a hybrid TP/SB - they need to make their current devices able
to work for networking and computing novices.

Oh and a nice two-way communicating remote (or several options,
including knobby ones) would be the order of the day.  Could just
package up a Nokia 800 with a nice skin.

Adam

--
adamslim

SB3 into Derek Shek d2, Shanling CDT-100, Rotel RT-990BX, Esoteric Audio
Research 859, Living Voice Auditorium IIs, Nordost and Anti-cables
http://www.last.fm/user/AdamSlim/