couple things:

- yep, i'm in USA so EoP useless.

to bukharin:  When i setup the DWL-G700AP, i used installation software
that had me setup 'which' network it was supposed to extend.  It knows
its an AP for my primary network (see the boost in signal from ~40% to
98%).  I can even get it to carry the squeezbox request for an IP and
get it back from the DHCP server!  its just the FINAL step 'connecting
to slimserver...' where it just goes blank and nothing happens.   I
believe i have setup the new AP to join the origional network (although
the Home Network monitoring software has never seen it, it doesn't see
my squeezeboxes either).

to Millwood: can you elaborate?  you say the 700AP "does have some
router capabilities but dont use it as an AP" then you say "use a
router".  uh...huh?  Also, i'm not sure i follow exactly how i would
setup a second router and are you saying disable DHCP for it AND
hand-assign an IP address to the squeezebox?  Are you also suggesting i
would want both a SECOND ROUTER and a WAP (like my 700AP) in (or near)
the living room ?

THanks in advance to any wi-fi gurus.  THis might not be the right
forum for these issues, but since the Squeezebox seems 'picky' about
WAPs i thought i would try here.

(still tuneless :)

--
jsunandmax