OK, that is what I thought.  So, the transporter will do more with my
FLAC and Apple-lossless files, but when it comes to the lossy
files/streams there is nothing magical happening in the transporter to
make them sound like more than they are.  Is that correct?

I will certainly be listening to more than internet radio, but it is a
significant part of the equation.  The transporter's versatility is
certainly a plus and, for me, the optical input is quite appealing
since I have a modest CD player that I imagine would (correct me if I'm
wrong) sound better going through the transporter's DAC.

As far as looks go - the squeezebox looks great, but the transporter
got an "ooooo" from my wife :-)

--
kevmacmills