I've also had both.  In addition to depending on the ISP, much can
depend on your individual situation.

Our home is more than 80 years old, and the phone lines coming into the
house, and through the basement, is quite old.  During bad storms, the
connection is *sometimes* sporadic.  Also, the actual thoroughput of
DSL can vary greatly, depending on your distance from the switching
station (CO).  We're actually more than 1000ft out of SBC's range, and
although Earthlink is simply a resellar of SBC services, they somehow
can "break" the 14k ft SBC rule.  Our speed isn't the best, but it's
more than good enough, given the low cost.  Streaming radio has not
been an issue.

Comcast broadband was great, though expensive, and offered far more
bandwidth than we needed.  Plus, I wanted to get Dish Network for some
channels I had been yearning for.  At any rate, the ONLY problem I ever
had with Comcast was with the splitter outdoors.  To get the best
possible signal to the modem and keep amps out of the path, a 2 way
splitter is often installed at the head end; often outdoors, as in my
case.  If you get the optimal 15db (IIRC), 7.5db goes to the modem, and
7.5db goes to your TVs.  Ours would fail about once a year, due to
exposure to the elements.  I never had the time or energy to move it
indoors, or install a weather proof box.

Both provide solid service, with faults that are specific to our
situation.

--
GlennT