y360;198799 Wrote:
> If I had to buy a new external hard drive, I'd consider the faster eSATA
> interface rather than USB/FW, e.g. Western Digital WDG1SU5000
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esata#eSATA_compared_to_other_buses

I have been looking at Western products and feedback, was concerned
when I read that something seems to happen to them after 3 weeks,
either they fail or you must purchase extra software to make it work
again ?
Please tell what the eSATA-300 is again ? A 7 pin plug I read, but does
that just go in the USB connection on my computer ?
I have a firewire (400 I think), its connected to the router that
streams music to the SB3.
I was also considering one of these :
http://www.synology.com/enu/products/DS106serise/index.php , have to
admit, I like the design also..., any comments ?

--
Anne

Bryston B-100 SST, Squeezebox 3, Martin Logan Aeon I.