You don't need to load any software on the N800. The Nokia770 skin comes
with slimserver, which is the software that runs on the computer that
holds your music library, and serves the music to the squeezebox. When
setting up slimserver, select the Nokia770 skin as your default. The
N800 comes with a web browser, called Opera, that is optimized for the
N800 screen resolution. Point the browser to your computer running
slimserver (i.e., type in the address http://yourslimserver:9000),
where 'yourslimserver is the computer name or IP address of the
computer running slimserver, and away you go.

I can't say how closely this approximates the Sonos remote experience.
I've never used an N800, and I've only played a little with the Sonos
at a local audio store (it was pretty unsatisfying).

--
aubuti