Siduhe;199722 Wrote:

> New house and we're contemplating ripping up the floor, but curious to
> know what other options there are.  No CAT5 cable sadly...

Before you do anything drastic, get a few opinions from different
wiring professionals. There are ways that wire can be run using tools
like super long drill bits, extendable fiberglass rods, "cable casters"
and other tricks. You can even push wires through solid sprayed-in
insulation. Or you can run something like this along the drywall, and
get it textured over:
http://www.solutions.com/jump.jsp?itemID=5731&itemType=PRODUCT&path=1%2C2%2C4%2C26%2C584&iProductID=5731

I wouldn't recommend wireless speakers. They don't sound great, and you
still have to get power to them, which is often more trouble than just
running the speaker wire.

--
seanadams