My setup: Linksys BEFSR81 (v2) set as DHCP server running firmware
2.45.10 (most recent)
BEFSR81 connected to my ADSL (old Westell Wirespeed) router which
connects to the internet. / I recently replaced the BEFSR81 with a
D-Link DGL-4100 (most recent firmware installed)
Main PC running Windows XP Professional (current service packs
installed) - mp3 files are stored on this main PC. SlimServer 6.5
running on this PC. Norton Systemworks 2006 runs on this PC (slimserver
is set as an exception and is allowed to connect to this PC). Windows
firewall is turned OFF and there are exception for slimserver 3483 tcp
and upd as well as 9000 tcp.
Squeezebox connected to my WIRED network.

The Problem: My Squeezebox connects to my network, gets an IP, connects
to Slimserver and will play mp3's for hours uninterrupted and without
any stuttering or dropouts. However, my network connection to the
internet becomes extremely unreliable and speeds are decreased by a
factor of 10 from the moment the Squeezebox connects. My ADSL modem
will frequently lose its DSL connection after the Squeezbox connects to
my network. These problems continue even after I power off the
Squeezebox. In order to restore a good internet connection for my
networked PCs I have to disconnect and power off everything on the
network (PCs, Squeezebox. printer, NAS) then power cycle the ADSL modem
and router.

This problem reoccurs EVERY time I connect my SB3 to my network and
NEVER happens when it is not connected to my network.

I submitted a question to Logitech via their website form and was told
it sounded like I had alot of network traffic and that I should get a
router with MIMO technology!  I'm having a wired network issue and I
don't see how MIMO solution would apply.

I replaced my aging Linksys BEFSR81 with a D-Link DGL-4100 wired router
to see if this would fix the problem.  It did not and the exact same
problem occurs with this newer router.

I really like the Squeezebox interface and would love to keep it, but
the problems it causes on my network are unbearable and I am getting
very tired of resuscitating my internet connection everytime I use it.
Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this and have a
potential solution?

--
koozino