Andyb01;200744 Wrote:
> This has been an ongoing problem for me where gallery view crashes
> slimserver at certain albums and detailed investigation shows the cause
> of this to be large image files.  Some of my old albums were ripped from
> vinyl and - unable to obtain album art - I scanned in the images.  This
> resulted in fairly large image files (1.5 - 2Mb) and it's these that
> crash slimserver as soon as it hits them. Having now identified and
> removed the six offending images all is now well (I have simply
> replaced them with some simple covers I knocked up in a graphics
> package).
If you want to keep the original image but in a slimserver-friendly
way, there are a lot of packages that allow you to shrink JPGs to a
manageable size. IrfanView is a freeware package that does this easily.
You'll lose the detail, but it will look just fine as a 250x250 pixel or
similarly sized image.

--
aubuti