Pale Blue Ego;201161 Wrote:
> You sound like a good candidate for Ubuntu :0
>
> Seriously, you aren't doing anything that requires a Windows OS.  The
> only reason I'm keeping Win2k on my main PC is that I do high-def video
> capture and editing which, while possible on Linux, isn't yet supported
> for my current hardware.
>
> If you like to tinker, Linux is the OS for you.  You have complete
> control of EVERYTHING.

I am a good candidate for Ubuntu, and, as 'this thread'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=34498) testifies, was
intending to use that O/S.

But as I now just have one PC, and have the occasional need to do some
work using MS Office products, I'll have to stick with Windows...

I was talking to our IT guys at work today and they told me about
Norton Ghost. So I'm now thinking of taking a copy of my current XP
image and then trying out Vista. If it works, then great! It it
doesn't, I'll just restore back to XP!

--
Hercules