Mark Lanctot;201359 Wrote:
> At first the idea sounded kind of strange - it goes against the SB way
> of doing things and no other wireless devices work this way, but I
> gotta say, it's a good idea.
>
> I have a 63-character WPA2 passphrase composed of of upper and lower
> case, punctuation and numbers.  I'm using a universal remote that
> doesn't have ABC-DEF-GHI labels so I have to guess - where's "r"?  7?
> 6?  It can take me 10 minutes to enter the passphrase.  Thankfully I
> don't have to do it very often.  Something like this would be quite
> handy for a Squeezebox, although not very handy for a Transporter
> because a TP isn't very portable.

Why bother with such an absurdly complex passphrase in the first place?
Based on my quick wikipedia research
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WPA2)  You don't get any benifit from >
39 ASCII chars due to the reduction of the keyspace from 504 bits to
256 bits by the hash function.

Really, a 10 character passphrase of [a-zA-Z0-9] (62^10 combinations)
would take 2661.4 years to walk if you could process a million crypt
per second.

--
SuperQ