amcluesent;201588 Wrote:
> Plus, must handle classical music properly!
>
> >To my knowledge there's nothing like this out there<
>
> Wait until slimserver 7 ships with Jive, then start that coding!

I last coded eons ago, but I'm sure I can learn and would be happy to
assist on a project of this nature.

I truly believe that it is the richness of the user experience through
software and touchscreen / remote technology, content and ease of use
that is going to decide who wins in this game.  The Squeezebox is a
fantastic product but not full featured enough to make it a credible
mainstream competitor (ducks for cover).  Whilst it is currently early
days, it is clear things are shifting to digital content.  As this
shift becomes mainstream the market will be flooded with many
technically inferior offerings that will however offer more in the way
of the richness I have referred to.  Capturing that market (even if
only aimed at the higher-end of that market) is going to require
something more than Slim / Logitech offer today.  I would have a long,
hard look at wrapping a solution around an Allmusic lasso/tapestry tie
in.  It would make the squeezebox downright unbeatable.

--
egd

Transporter >> SCA2 >> SCM100SLAT via balanced XLR
Linux and loving IT!