Mark Lanctot;201875 Wrote:
> Perhaps simbo was referring to the exchange rate itself - obviously they
> never charge interbank rate, it seems to be interbank + 3.5%.
I just assumed he was referring to the usual practice of most card
companies to add a handling fee on top of the exchange rate. Usually
it's around 2 or 3% (with a minimum charge of around £2).

Yeah, the exchange rates still aren't the base rate, but most cards are
the base rate + some extra amount + handling fee.

With Nationwide you don't get charged the handling fee. It's one of the
few, if possibly the only UK issuers who don't charge the fee. Hence I
use the Nationwide credit card for all my international purchases and
the debit card for cash withdrawals overseas.

--
deadkenny