luuk;202752 Wrote:
> I have Lame but SlimServer doesn't acknowledge its presence. Does it
> need to go anywhere special?

I'm not sure - the SlimServer directory?

> I would like to use SlimServer as my interface to my music. An
> alternative would be SoftSqueeze, but I why install something extra
> when I already have SlimServer to feed my SB2?

SoftSqueeze doesn't require this sort of transcoding - it behaves like
your SB2 and even looks like it.  You get visualizations and you can
fully control SlimServer through it - start, stop, search, FF/REW of
native formats, etc.  Plus you can run it right from SlimServer - just
click Help - SoftSqueeze.

But again, you can do all this from within foobar.

--
Mark Lanctot

'Sean Adams' Response-O-Matic checklist, patent pending!'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=200910&postcount=2)