On 5/22/07, shadowboxer <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi

I am running a 6.5.2 nightly, probably about 2 mos old.  When I upgrade
to the new official release, should I just install over the old version,
(which I have done before and had problems) or should I do the clean
slate install, uninstall SS, delete directories, and then do a
completely fresh install.

What is the official recommendation?

You may not get an 'official' recommendation on the forums here, but I
believe the official position is that you can simply install over top.  The
installer was designed to handle this situation and many bugs have been
fixed in 6.5.2 that specifically address shortcomings of earlier versions in
this respect.

That said, many people will suggest uninstalling the old version first.
Much of this advice is probably due to a few well-known bugs in earlier
versions and many of these have been fixed, so that advice may be a bit
stale (sort of like an urban legend).  It certainly won't hurt to uninstall,
but it shouldn't be necessary.

Ben