Hello, Just got my the new Nokia smartphone with qwerty keyboard and of
course the first thing to try is get it to work with Slimserver.
As a remote control it works remarkably well. The handheld skin scales
fine to the screen. The Nokia is does not have a touchscreen so you
have to navigate and select with the 5-way navigate key. The mouse
cursor more or less jumps from link to link. I.e. Selecting a letter in
the Artist view was very difficult with my 'old' Nokia 9500 as you had
to position the mouse exactly over the letter, which was difficult.
With the E61i it jumps from letter to letter with a touch of the
navigate key.
The browser is reasonable fast.

Even better is that you can install the Nokia Internet Radio example
application (full working example application:
http://opensource.nokia.com/projects/s60internetradio/index.html ) and
point it to a playlist which points to your SlimServer with
servername:9000/stream.mp3.
Now stream your music to the phone. Another possibility for a wireless
MP3 player for SlimServer.

When you go to the detail page of a song there is the load button.
Click it and it downloads the song to the phone and save it optionaly
to the micro SD card (Is there a skin which can download a whole album,
then I never have to connect the phone to the PC to fill it with
music).

I have used the browsers on Nokia 9300, 9500 and BlackBerry 8707. This
is by far the fastest and easy to use browser of the above devices. Of
course the 54mb wireless helps.

Now I am glad I have waited with buying a mp3 player for myself...

BTW: You can also make phone calls with it :-) (and video calls).

Willem Oepkes

--
willem