> The SlimNAS server should shutdown automaticaly after 11pm if no
> trafic. If there is trafic we wait an hour and try again.
>
> Is this possible?

IMHO not without a lot of tinkering. You'd need a plugin or something to
monitor the server's activity.

Please note that SlimNAS isn't anything special but only a package to run
SlimServer to FreeNAS. It doesn't add any functionality beyond this to
FreeNAS. You'd therefore better ask in the FreeNAS groups about ways to
automatically shut it down. (And they will of course point to the obvious
solution you mentioned yourself - standby)

--

Michael