I have blocked on my gateway all outgoing traffic to 66.249.65.0/19.
(The incoming/outgoing are from the perspective of my server)

I believe things have quiet down (should I be touching wood right
now?). Not easy to monitor this one. At least all incoming/outgoing
statistics seem to look ok for now; can not tell if the erratic
behavior is gone only time will tell about that one.

Have I lost much from my internal network not being able to do lookup’s
on 66.249.65.0/19?

OrgName:    Google Inc.
OrgID:      GOGL
Address:    1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
City:       Mountain View
StateProv:  CA
PostalCode: 94043
Country:    US

NetRange:   66.249.64.0 - 66.249.95.255
CIDR:       66.249.64.0/19
NetName:    GOOGLE
NetHandle:  NET-66-249-64-0-1
Parent:     NET-66-0-0-0-0
NetType:    Direct Allocation
NameServer: NS1.GOOGLE.COM
NameServer: NS2.GOOGLE.COM
NameServer: NS3.GOOGLE.COM
NameServer: NS4.GOOGLE.COM

If yes I can always firewall my internal server where the slimserver
service resides (do not really want to) and reopen my gateway outgoing
firewall.

Also have I done any other injury to the slimserver service by doing
so?

I know this is not a solution more of a patch. If anything I can do or
should do to help resolve this let me know.

Philippe

--
cognoquest