I was getting stuttering on some (but not all) 24/96 files on the SB3
although they played properly on the Transporter. I used Audition to
convert them to 24/48 and they played fine. These particular files were
unusual in that they were ripped off a DVD at 24/48 and whilst I was
editing I mistakenly saved the files at 24/96 - hence the problem.

I suggest your trouble lies with the software you used to rip the
tracks so go back to basics and try again. Playing them on the PC is no
measure as the soundcard will probably be 24/96 capable and, like my
Transporter, play files the SB3 was having problems with.

Like I said earlier do an ND using SIA (free to start with), convert
the WAV using FLACfrontend and try it on the SB3. At least eliminate
part of the chain with a known working solution.

--
Heuer