> *No problem w/SlimServer until downloading ver.6.5.1 end of March.
> *Shortly after downloading new version, unable to connect to SS (no
> localhost 9000)

Is there something running on port 9000? Do a "netstat -an" in a DOS
window. Do you see something on port 9000?

Shut down SlimServer and do the same test again. Is the port still open?

> *Desktop has Windows Media Center; Lap Windows XP w/SP2 (all current
> updates)

I think one of the Media Player extensions is using port 9000, too. If the
above test is positive, I fear there's a port conflict. But then you've
had it running in an earlier version?

--

Michael