I've had a chance to use this thing for about a week now so here are
some thoughts:

1. You should think of this as a good WAP phone browser. It really
pales in comparison to any computer browser or even the Wii browser. It
is very slow to render pages and has a lot of problems with complex
sites. The PSP browser is better at rendering pages. I actually think
the browser in my phone is faster (LG VX8600). Although, I think it
claims to be able to do flash, but I haven't gotten it to work.

2. It's a real pain to have to insert a cartridge to browse the web. I
know this is the nature of the beast, but I tend to play one game at a
time. Having to bring the separate browser cart makes it less useful. I
probably should have thought about this first.

3. The navigation with the touch screen works pretty well. Touching
links and zooming is pretty cool.

4. It does a pretty good job with the handheld skin for SlimServer.
It's a little slow, but definitely does the job. This is why I got it,
so it's definitely a plus.

Bottom Line
Is it worth $30? It depends on what you are using it for. I bought it
to use as a remote for the slim server. It works ok, but having to
insert a cartridge every time I want to use it is much more of a
problem than I thought it would be. Try the web browser on your phone.
If you want something a little bit better this might be for you. I may
end up selling it. It's neat to play with for a while, but I think it
really shows the technical limitations of the DS.

PS- To the person asking about gmail and flickr, I used the mobile
versions of these sites and it worked well. The regular versions, in my
opinion, are not usable.

--
zingerhill