sixofone;208847 Wrote:
> The labelling may well have complied with the strict letter of the law;
> however it would appear that the USA "manufacturing" operation amounted
> to no more than screwing circuit boards made in China into cases.  In
> other words the product was, in dictionary terms, being assembled in
> the USA.  This is a distinction that many manufacturers choose to make
> plain with the tag: "Assembled in......".  The fact that Slim chose not
> to do likewise suggests an intent to obscure the true origins of the
> product.

I have worked in the electronics industry in the UK for over 20 years
and this is how you label products, you don't get a choice on how to do
it as you have to comply with international regulations regarding
import/export and it has absolutely nothing to do with SlimDevices (or
any manufacturer) trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes.

I think you're playing with semantics regarding whether something is
"manufactured" or "assembled" and if you ask 100 people what they think
that means you'll get a stack of different answers.

If the slimdevices label said "assembled" we'd still have people on
here saying that it shouldn't say "assembled" it should say "9 screws,
2 cables and some snap plastics fitted together at 29 Somewhere Street,
USville"

--
killie99

Primare D30.2 CD player, MF 24/96 DAC, MF A1000 Amp, Impulse H2 speakers
oh, and an SB3