I do have the iTunes update plug-in installed. It's possible that I
didn't have iTunes running when I hit this problem. Let me try
that...OK just tried it but no luck.

I ensured I have iTunes running. I played one song and noticed that the
display on the SB3 froze with 11 seconds left to play on the song. The
song completed and then there was about 14 seconds of silence. The next
song started and the display came back to life. I thought this might
have been a one-time thing so I tried it again, and exactly the same
sequence happened.

This is new since 6.5.2; I had the iTunes updater running since 6.5.1
with no obvious issues.

--
oriordan